Off: Tecno etc. was HW: Support bands #1 - a general approach

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Nov 8 15:56:42 EST 2000

In message <B55CEF4E5FFAD21191B900902751476146946D at RDF-SCO-
PDC>, Chris Warburton <cwarburton at RDF-CONSULTING.CO.UK>
writes

>    Macro-Dub...  vol 1 is a MONSTER!!! did vol 2. ever appear?

Certainly exists, though I don't possess a copy.

>    Try also: Autechre/The Black Dog/Bark Psychosis (the latter's "Hex" is one of my
>    all time favourites!)

Heard both Autechre and Black Dog on compilations, liked them both,
particularly Autechre. Never heard Bark Psychosis, will try to check them
out.

[snip]

>    > Anyone here like 23 Skidoo?  One of my favourite bands ever, recently
>    > reformed, though I missed them playing the Scala a few weeks ago.
>
>    A band I've always thought I might like, but never actually heard..., ah well, so
>    much music, so little time

I really recommend them.... deep basslines, tribal rhythms, a dark heady
exotic feel to the music. Not really electronica, something altogether more
primal. "Seven Songs" is one of my all-time favourite albums. Haven't heard
the new album (just called 23 Skidoo) yet. The 80s stuff is very hard to get
now, but supposedly will be re-released on CD in the near future.

They have an excellent site at

http://the-raft.com/23skidoo/

Cheers
--