christmas party

Si Halley sihalley at CABLEINET.CO.UK
Fri Nov 10 15:29:40 EST 2000

Subject: christmas party

>Well I've ordered my ticket, but as I don't know London that well I've got
to ask.
>Is there anywhere nearby to park? Bearing in mind the 29th is probably
christmas sales (busy, busy, busy).

There is. But if you don`t know the area well I wouldn`t suggest you try it
personally. Also, with the early start you`re either looking at
extortionatly expensive carparks  or having to move it every hour or so
(difficult once your in the gig!) as they (the traffic wardens) take down
reg numbers and you`re limited to "no return within 1 hour" in many places
before 6ish. Also it may take ages to actually find a space.

>Maybe I could travel by train, but is there a tube station nearby?

Tottenham Court Road underground station is literally 30 seconds from the
Astoria. I would drive to your nearest Underground station at get the tube
the rest of the way. That`s what I intend to do.

>Will it be open for when the gig ends?

Should be. Last trains are normally just after midnight I believe. Certainly
I`ve trained back from the Astoria many times and never once had to leave
early to do so. I don`t believe the gig is going to be a late one is it?

Si