napster, hawkwind and mp3's

Andy Gilham andygilham at NTLWORLD.COM
Tue Nov 14 04:13:53 EST 2000

> At this time, however, for example, where in the hell can I buy
> the Hawkwind
> album Alien 4?

Have you tried Hawkdisc (which is basically EBS mail order)?  They might
still have some, hawkdisc at aol.com, but if they don't then you're probably
out of luck.

There is an element of two-facedness in the whole Napster thing, the record
industry has been giving music away for years in the form of singles, which
make no money at all.  They even pay to get them played on the radio and in
the charts...  I'm not sure hypocrisy is the right word, it's more a
collective panic.  It's settling down already though.

-- Andy

www.andygilham.com