OFF: New Monster Magnet Album

Tue Nov 14 05:25:56 EST 2000

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Jon Browne wrote:

> Funny that Wellwater should sound so psyche/poppy. I have one of their
> albums and it's right up my street but not much of an obvious link
> between them and Spine. Both great but *very* different from what I've
> heard.

        The link between them lies in Hater, a more modern-aimed garage
psych band featuring Wellwater's culprits and two others. It's still not
much like MM, but things like `Longhair' and `Medicine' might not be too
far off. The whole sound is much more top-end though, and it starts with a
Cat Stevens cover. I wouldn't want anyone getting th idea this one-album
venture was a heavy rock band. But rock they do. There's a three-quid copy
of the s/t sitting on the discount racks of Parrot Records in Cambridge,
too, if anyone's interested. Yours,
                                    Jon

     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)       jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk