HW: live '79 vs complete '79

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Wed Nov 15 19:54:15 EST 2000

>Hi,
>Must disagree in the strongest terms on this one.
>Complete 79 is bootleg quality with muffled sound when compared to live 79.
>(OK, so we're not talking Glastonbury 90 here.)
>It also suffers from a few very clumsy edits, in some cases, part way
>through songs.
>Inexcusable, to my mind, especially when considering the excellent quality
>of Live 79.
>A huge disappointment, which has made me very wary of subsequent live
>recordings.
>Jez

Here here.....I couldn't agree more. However the best part on Complete 79
has to be the slow synthesised and guitar phased build up to Motorway City
on the second CD. Apart from the middle part of this track...it is actually
much better than the Live 79 version.
I think the whole of Complete 79 deserves to be re-editted,mixed and
engineered to clean it all up audibly.

Melvyn.