HW: Weird CDs

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Nov 16 16:28:44 EST 2000

I *am* preparing a lengthy post about the music (really!  because it
rules!!!), but I'll quickly add ...

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:52:41 -0000, J D <Jeremy at DACOMBE.FSNET.CO.UK> wrote:
>It ain't that difficult to spell band member names correctly, list correct
>songs in correct order, match photos to years etc but it appears to be
>beyond whoever gets the job.

Agreed.

>EMI re-masters are to be praised for not suffering from the above.

Yes!  Emphatically agreed!  Hopefully this will be the case if/when the
Charisma back catalog is reissued, even if the packaging/remastering isn't
quite up to the UA catalog's extremely high quality.

>I'm not suggesting that the Weirds suffer from all 3 afflictions above ...

Unfortunately, they do.  My favorites are "Steve Swindles" and "Aidrain
Shaw" (I assume that the first is a con man and the second is a plumber?
Is that what their occupations became after leaving Hawkwind?).  They even
manage to misspell Ade's name differently on another volume!  But as far as
I can tell, the music is 100% intact, which at least puts Voiceprint ahead
of Cleopatra (thanks for butchering "Robot" on the 'Golden Void' double-CD,
guys!).  And I'd much rather have the correct music with a few typos than
the correct information with bad/wrong music ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com