HW: to the BRIXTON CREW 21/10

Thu Nov 16 20:39:31 EST 2000

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Filip Vanhuyse wrote:

> I also had the same feeling prior to the gig about everybody being in too
> much hopes.
> If we all have to be real honest in our hearts we actual all wanted "Space
> Ritual".
> This doesn't mean I don't like other Hawk-stuff (I think they made better
> stuff later)
> but Lemmy,DikMik & Del Dettmar being there,that's what we wanted.

        Well, yes, we wanted some of that. I was quite keen for everything
else too - you know, first couple of years with twelve-string and dense
acoustic fog, NWOBHM-like Live '79-style riffing, Charisma-a-like line-up
doing `Hassan i Sabha' (oh someone _please_ make Simon play keys live
again!), even the eighties line-up doing stuff from the RCA albums. And
I would have like some new stuff too. That I didn't get but I'm happy
enough with the answers I got to my other wants. You know, the _Space
Ritual_ line-up was real special. But with so many other people involved
there was room for a lot of special moments. Yours,
                                                    Jon

     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)       jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk