BOC: Cover Band Pondering

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Fri Nov 17 08:05:39 EST 2000

> On 17 Nov 00, at 7:27, Hall, Russell J wrote:
>
>> There have been a rash of cover bands that have played locally this
>> year (Believer/Ozzy being the latest one) and it got me thinking. Are
>> there any BOC cover bands out there?  What kind of 'permission' do you
>> need to becomre one?  And if you were to start on, what would you name
>> it?
>>
> I played in a band way back when that did a lot of BOC material, but
> we weren't a tribute band as such, 'cause we covered lots of other
> bands too.  You wouldn't need permission from the band, but it would
> be nice to have it.  I've never heard of a BOC tribute band, but I
> wouldn't mind starting one if anyone's interested!
>
> theo

Is "Too Hip for the Room" a BOC cover band? I know they put out at least one
CD of covers. Supposedly the covers varied greatly in style from the
originals, but other people here know a lot more about it than I do. Maybe
it's in the latest edition of the FAQ?

Brian

--
Brian Halligan