HW: Isle of White 1970 - Huw freaked on acid

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Fri Nov 17 20:10:36 EST 2000

>where
>> Huw freaked out on acid...you know, that whole "retro" thing... :) Chuck
>
>Tell me more, please...
>
>Mb

This is the story roughly as told to me by Huw and his wife Marion earlier
this year.

During the gig that HW were doing on a makeshift stage outside the gates to
the Isle of White Pop Festival.....Some person handed a bottle of 'apple
juice' to the band for 'refreshment'.
Huw Lloyd Langton gulped back a few mouthfuls not knowing that it had been
spiked with something like 5 shots of liquid acid/LSD.
No laughing matter....as it very nearly killed the guy. Huw was
hospitalised and did actually 'die' at one point. The dose he got was so
high that it took him a period of 6 months to 'come down' from the effects.
One does wonder what long term affects such an overdose could have on a person.

melvyn