HW: Isle of White 1970 - Huw freaked on acid

Mike Coleman deltawave at METRONET.COM
Fri Nov 17 20:19:51 EST 2000

>>where
>>> Huw freaked out on acid...you know, that whole "retro" thing... :) Chuck
>>
>>Tell me more, please...
>>
>>Mb
>>
>This is the story roughly as told to me by Huw and his wife Marion earlier
>this year.
>
>During the gig that HW were doing on a makeshift stage outside the gates to
>the Isle of White Pop Festival.....Some person handed a bottle of 'apple
>juice' to the band for 'refreshment'.
>Huw Lloyd Langton gulped back a few mouthfuls not knowing that it had been
>spiked with something like 5 shots of liquid acid/LSD.
>No laughing matter....as it very nearly killed the guy. Huw was
>hospitalised and did actually 'die' at one point. The dose he got was so
>high that it took him a period of 6 months to 'come down' from the effects.
>One does wonder what long term affects such an overdose could have on a
>person.
>
>melvyn

 there is no known overdose to LSD ....only minds that snap, and lame
speedy effects from  people whom do not take the time to properly
synthesize LSD....most do not.....my understanding is that the last year
true clean LSD was actually making the rounds in USA with any real
frequency was 1974.....

VERY informative about HUW, Melvyn...thank you.....I wouldn't want to be in
that position....I'd end up snapping as well.........mdc (already did?)