HW: It is written...

Keith Barton keithb at CINESITE.CO.UK
Mon Nov 20 03:50:54 EST 2000

I'm still buzzing.....

Imagine a room about 50ft x 50ft with a small stage in one corner.

On that stage you have 4 musicians belting out an amazing set of Hawkwind classics,

and of that 4, one is Alan Davey, one is Simon House and one is Danny Thompson.

This is what happened in the form of Bedouin at the Half-Moon in Putney on Saturday night!

Towards the end of the gig, during Hassan I Sabbha, something strange happened that I still can't explain:

Alan was the only one doing vocals and I wondered how he'd manage doing the "Eye of the falcon/Shade of the scorpion bit".

I threw caution to the wind, walked on to the stage, shared the mike with Alan, sang the "It is written..." lines then walked back into the audience!

I don't know why I did it but I did, and the band seemed to enjoy it too judging by their reaction afterwards.

Alan said that I even sang in key!

Hey Dave, can I do it at the party? :)

cheers,

Keef