HW: Weird CDs & tapes, Anthology tracks, Flicknife tracks

Thomas, Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Mon Nov 20 08:14:54 EST 2000

Thanks for that info Dave - much appreciated!

Am I right in saying that "Bombed Out" on 107 is an instrumental version of
"Looking in the Future?"

My original tape lists it as the final song on the card, but actually ends
with "Speed of Light (Transdimensional Man)".

Does anybody now have a definitive listing of the Samurai / Flicknife /
Mausoleum / Friends & Relations / Dave Anderson issued / re-issued /
re-re-re-re-issued / etc etc etc. songs? It would be nice to make a
definitive compilation of "The rest of the non-Weird songs" !!!!

Guy

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   David Bottomley [mailto:merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK]
                Sent:   20 November 2000 12:25
                To:     BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
                Subject:        Re: HW: Weird CDs & tapes, Anthology tracks,
Flicknife tracks

                Guy asked:

                >Just about to place an order for the Weird CDs!  Just
thought I'd ask:  Is
                >there a definitive list of differences between the CDs and
the tapes?  I'm
                >sure somebody has already posted it, but I trashed my
in-box by mistake!
                >Also,  does anybody have a comparative list, which includes
tracks from the
                >Samurai/Flicknife output, and what overlap there is with
the Weird CDs?

                OK, here's a copy of my post from a couple of weeks ago -
not as detailed as
                Doug's, but a start:

                1: Angels of Life lasts beyond the original fade-out by a
few minutes. This
                features more of Bob's WW1 obsession & is well worth
hearing. Also, what was
                The Dream 2 is now part of Satellite & we have an all-new
synth piece listed
                as The Dream 2. Nuclear Toy seems longer, but not sure about
this.

                2: Seems identical to the tape.

                3: Also identical, despite the misleading track listing on
the cover. Aside
                from Damnation Alley occupying just one track rather than
the two listed on
                the cover (why?) - hence everything shifts back one track -
what's credited
                as Circles is actually Cake Out aka Hash Cake 77 & I Am The
Eye is Circles &
                Elements.

                4: Again, identical to tape & definitely NOT the same as the
Griffin CD.

                5: Is the same as the version of Weird105 that I have (the
reissue?) with
                the addition of the US QS&C radio ad between Steppenwolf &
Where Are They
                Now. I've never heard the other version of the tape so can't
help there.
                Also, the second track is listed as City of Lagoons (as was
the tape), but
                this is Chronoglide
                Skyway, surely? Can anyone clear up the confusion here?

                6: Includes the full Greasy Truckers' Born To Go rather than
the 5 min edit
                of it. Omits Earth Calling from the track list on the cover,
but it's on the
                CD.

                7: Hmm. Not sure what happened here. Is everyone else's
version as screwed
                up as mine? Track listing on the cover is as per tape, but
the CD itself
                starts with Choose Your Masques, continues with Looking in
the Future twice
                in succession (!!??) then onto the remaining tracks in order
up to Bombed
                Out, then back to the original opener (Streets of Fear) then
through to
                Winter of Discontent at the end. What happened here?

                8: Where *is* 8??? Can ANYBODY please provide an answer to
this - it's
                really bugging me! And yes, I know many of the tracks from
this are
                available on CD elsewhere, but that didn't prevent
Voiceprint from putting
                out Weird6 and the missing 3 tracks are otherwise
unavailable in any form.

                Dave