HW: Party after the party!

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Nov 21 06:11:31 EST 2000

XXX writes:

> Trying to get a "backstage" party together for after the Astoria,  2 =
> choices........
>
> 1) A convention type do at a hotel that everyone stays at. This would =
> need some organising in central London on 29th Dec! But if anyone has =
> suggestions as to how this could be achieved, we are willing to listen.
>
> 2) Party at a private club, this would be for limited numbers. Certainly =
> the Hawkfans who come from afar would be invited (Australia, USA, =
> Europe, etc) The rest of the invites would have to be on an apply and =
> draw names out of a hat type basis.
>
> Let us know your thoughts as ever, we will take them in to consideration =
> while making decisions..............

How about getting The Emerald Hall - which was a scout hut in the middle
of Hammersmith Roundabout that Nik used one year for a gig on 23rd
December. It'd hold 250 at a push, has a stage, and enough room in the
foyer to set up a bar.

> Also, any requests for songs at Xmas gig, someone mentioned lack of 80s =
> stuff at Brixton.

Seeing it As You Really Are
extended version of Where Are They Now?
You'd Better Believe It