HW: Party after the party!

Thomas, Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Tue Nov 21 06:17:46 EST 2000

Mike,

Wasn't the whole of the Hammersmith Broadway roundabout flattened when it
was redeveloped about 8 years ago?

Could always have a gathering under the flyover instead - chuckle!  Even
better - under the M40/Westway flyover at Ladbroke Grove! (Have a good look
at he piccies on the inside of X In Search of space!

Seriously - there are quite a few boats moored permanently on the Thames, on
the Embankment, just down from Trafalgar Square.  I'm not sure of costs, but
they are available for private hire. Not a million miles from the Astoria
either!

Guy T.

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   M Holmes [mailto:fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK]
                Sent:   21 November 2000 11:12
                To:     BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
                Subject:        Re: HW: Party after the party!

                XXX writes:

                > Trying to get a "backstage" party together for after the
Astoria,  2 =
                > choices........
                >
                > 1) A convention type do at a hotel that everyone stays at.
This would =
                > need some organising in central London on 29th Dec! But if
anyone has =
                > suggestions as to how this could be achieved, we are
willing to listen.

                > 2) Party at a private club, this would be for limited
numbers. Certainly =
                > the Hawkfans who come from afar would be invited
(Australia, USA, =
                > Europe, etc) The rest of the invites would have to be on
an apply and =
                > draw names out of a hat type basis.
                >
                > Let us know your thoughts as ever, we will take them in to
consideration =
                > while making decisions..............

                How about getting The Emerald Hall - which was a scout hut
in the middle
                of Hammersmith Roundabout that Nik used one year for a gig
on 23rd
                December. It'd hold 250 at a push, has a stage, and enough
room in the
                foyer to set up a bar.

                > Also, any requests for songs at Xmas gig, someone
mentioned lack of 80s =
                > stuff at Brixton.

                Seeing it As You Really Are
                extended version of Where Are They Now?