OFF: Spinal Tap - Lemmy connection

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Wed Nov 29 09:32:38 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/29/00 7:38:24 AM, tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU writes:

<< > Why?  Did the Scorpions lose a member like that?  I
> never heard that one.

No, but they felt that the satire was too severe, given that that's how
rock icons Jimi Hendrix and John Bonham checked out.  Guess
they're too dumb to get the joke, an opinion borne out upon listening
to their music!

================
coupla things:

i thought the 'spinal tap' movie was so close to the truth that it wasnt all
that funny.
==

pour moi, there were 2 occasions in dsra when drumming and hurling just didnt
mix; once at an outdoor fourth of july gig, when i had to stop the song, lean
over and puke, and replay the song from the top.... -_-

another time, at a club in boston, the combination of one plain donut, a
handful of rolaids, and one beer led me to gag and/or gargle my way through
the last four songs of the set...

[trivia for the disinterested majority: yeah, the live version of 'down at
the mall' on the tape reflects the circumstances i've just described]

"<>"

designated drivers, but no designated drummers?
..oy...