OFF: Spinal Tap - Lemmy connection

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Nov 29 17:03:18 EST 2000

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:32:38 EST, DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
>i thought the 'spinal tap' movie was so close to the truth that it wasnt all
>that funny.

"It's funny ... 'cause it's true!"

I've described Hawkwind to the uninitiated as "sort of like a real-life
Spinal Tap".  Once I play "Sonic Attack" for them and show them the
gatefold sleeve of 'This is Hawkwind Do Not Panic', they tend to agree ...

>pour moi, there were 2 occasions in dsra when drumming and hurling just didnt
>mix; once at an outdoor fourth of july gig, when i had to stop the song, lean
>over and puke, and replay the song from the top.... -_-

I once played a gig with a pregnant drummer (in the car on the way, she was
double-fisting Starbursts and Potato Chips.  Yum!), but fortunately she was
able to hold it off until the end of the show.  As soon as we stopped
playing, she had to run out to the alley behind the venue to do her
business, while the owner, calmly smoking a cigarette out back, watched ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com