HW:Excess Studio recordings

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Nov 29 19:49:48 EST 2000

In message <3.0.6.32.20001129161135.009e5160 at pop.sirius.com>, Doug
Pearson <ceres at SIRIUS.COM> writes

> I would be really curious to hear some of that
>stuff, especially if there's anything with Paul Rudolph playing guitar (his
>guitar playing with the Deviants, 'Capt. Lockheed', Pink Fairies & Eno does
>A LOT more for me than his bass playing with Hawkwind & Eno) ...

There's a pic of him playing guitar in the CD booklet of Thrilling
Adventures, and it's hard to believe they wouldn't have made ANY use of
his huge talents. Anyone who doubts that he was once a barnstorming
psychedelic electric guitar demigod- check out his playing on early Fairies
tracks like 'Do It', 'Walk Don't Run', 'Portobello Shuffle' to name but a few.

I've not heard any of his more recent output with Twink, but everyone who
has says it's shite. Does anyone anywhere have a good word to say about the
'Pleasure Island' album?!
--
Nick Medford