HW: 1970's footage

Steve Litchfield slitchfield at UKONLINE.CO.UK
Thu Nov 30 08:38:00 EST 2000

It still amazes me that there's almost nothing of Hawkwind playing on
film/video from the 1970s.... I've recently watched film from IOW 1970 and
Woodstock 1969(?) and other bands from the same era - all fairly good
quality film and audio and in full colour.

And yet, despite *many hundreds* of gigs and despite millions of fans and
despite HW being the most visual group out, not a single home movie or
film or video was ever made of them in this decade. Amazing.

I keep hoping that someone will pipe up one day and say 'Oh, why didn't
you say, I've got 2 hours of them at xxxxx hall from 1975' or
something....

Let's hope!

Steve Litchfield
http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/hawkwind