HW: 1970's footage

Michael Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Thu Nov 30 18:38:39 EST 2000

Hello everyone,
There was the clip (all 5 seconds of it) of Terry Ollis on that documentry on the IoW festival on BBC 2 a couple of weeks ago (the one with Mick Farren). Was this part of that 1970 film without sound that was unearthed a few years ago or somthing else? Maybe the producer or researcher of the programme could be contacted to provide some answers. Unfortunately I didn't tape it, but if anyone did there may be names in the end credits who could be contacted. Surely the clip must be just a small part of a bigger feature on the band - just think, lying on a dusty shelf in the BBC archives is footage of HW playing for free in 1970!

Mick

Steve wrote:
> It still amazes me that there's almost nothing of Hawkwind playing on
> film/video from the 1970s.... I've recently watched film from IOW 1970 and
> Woodstock 1969(?) and other bands from the same era - all fairly good
> quality film and audio and in full colour.
>
> And yet, despite *many hundreds* of gigs and despite millions of fans and
> despite HW being the most visual group out, not a single home movie or
> film or video was ever made of them in this decade. Amazing.
>
> I keep hoping that someone will pipe up one day and say 'Oh, why didn't
> you say, I've got 2 hours of them at xxxxx hall from 1975' or
> something....
>
> Let's hope!
>
> Steve Litchfield
> <a Target='_new' Href='http://www.talk21.com/redirect.html?http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/hawkwind'>http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/hawkwind</a>

May there always be starlight on the path...Burnham Jr.