OFF: NOT HW or BOC-related: a visit to napster (and no metallica!)

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Tue Oct 3 12:26:11 EDT 2000

PLEASE NOTE: if you have major objections to mp3 downloading of any sort,
please delete NOW.
===
well, after having the mac equivalent to the napster trigger , macster, in my
possession for a couple weeks, i took the plunge last night and kicked it
into axion.
man oh man...

really, it's as if you're at a huge party of tape-traders; everyone sharing
their 'stash'.
i am reminded of the furor over people making cassette copies of lp's and the
drive to add taxes to blank audio cassettes.

i cant account for the folx who download contemporary music.  i thought there
would be naught of interest pour moi. so i started searching for music from
my youth, obscurities  i might have heard just once....
==
and these are what i scored:

Devil's on the loose -the rattles 1970
He hit me (and it felt like a kiss) - the crystals  1962 or 3
Who's gonna mow your grass - buck owens 1965?
Wait till tomorrow - the banana splits 1968
==
the buck owens track, yeah, ha, hey doug pearson! it's kinda like "you've got
to hide your love away" with some genuine fuzzbox guitar. ol' buck was giving
it his best shot.
i had a crumbling tape i taped from the radio in 75 of the rattles single.
bloody killer to hear it LOUD.
similarly, i used to have a very scratchy copy of the banana splits lp.
and i love the phil spector stuff in general, but i'd heard this song just
once about 20 years ago.
===
next, "mongoose", 1970, elephant's memory [found it last night]
"timothy" and "give up your guns" the buoys  [saw 'em last night]
"did you see her eyes", 1969, the illusion [if it's there]

and anything else what comes to mind and i feel like searching for.
even [lol] "chirpy chirpy cheep cheep"
i may not download that one, though, if i find it.
===
i cant be filling up my machine over this stuff, but through friends i can
make myself a heck of a compilation cd. personal use only,
y'understand....just like the copies of "in the court of the crimson king"
and "tarkus" were when they were taped for me as a high school freshman.
===
point being, there's more than one approach to napster.
i had fun.
you might have fun too.
===

"<>"