OFF: NOT HW or BOC-related: a visit to napster (and no metallica!)

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Oct 3 13:29:48 EDT 2000

On 3 Oct 00, at 13:22, DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:

> nah, saw them listed in me napster search. the buoys were from
> northern va. the guy behind their lp [i have it but nothing hooked up
> with which to play it] was rupert holmes. in addition to writing the
> song about 2 guys eating the third guy when they were trapped in a
> mine cave-in,

Remember it well.  A buddy of mine loved that song back then!

he would later score big-time w/=ugh= 'escape [the pina
> colada song]' ====

Ooh, bummer.  That tune never fails to induce revulsion...

>  "did you see her eyes", 1969,
> > the illusion [if it's there]
>
> <<I think I have that on a 45 somewhere in the archives!>>
>  >>
> the single edit or the longer version?

Beats me!  I guess the single edit.  Don't remember what the flip side
was...

Hey, see if anyone's got Frijid Pink's psychedelic version of 'House
of the Rising Sun...'  I've got that 45 too!

> f'r instance, long and short versions of "mongoose" came out on 45;
> once i had the former.
>
> how the heck are ye, master theo?

Never better, yerself?

tj