OFF: Girlschool

Chris Warburton cwarburton at RDF-CONSULTING.CO.UK
Wed Oct 4 04:03:41 EDT 2000

I saw the Derby show on that tour...both bands were MAGNIFICENT; the girls
didn't suffer much abuse at all and played a stormer.  I think it was that
show where at one between song break, a spotty youth leaned forwards from
where his head was inside(!) a bass bin and yelled "Turn it up!".  Lemmy's
reply was along the lines of "Whadd'ya mean  'Turn it up', I'm deaf in one
ear, and I can hear it all right!" and the indicated to the mixing desk to
raise the levels another notch!

****in' loud

ChrisW

Which one? ;)  Opening for Motorhead at the
Cambridge Corn Exchange on the Overkill tour, they
were excellent - nobody knew who they were then, they
were getting the usual "get 'em down" abuse from the
more mindless element, and they soldiered on through
with a storming show.