OFF: Looking Up Songs

Alex S. Garcia mvdbase at YAHOO.COM
Sat Oct 7 13:38:07 EDT 2000

>whatever you do, BE CAREFUL if you go to ALL MUSIC GUIDE; they've had my
>personal career history (such as it is) hoplelessly mixed up/combines with
>another much more notable artist with the same name; i've tried 4X in the
>last year to get this straightened out to no avail. bottom line: if my info
>(and the other guy's) is wrong, how much else on the site is?
>tell pete frampton i said hello,
>bob mayo

I like AMG. Even wrote a few reviews for them (at a time when they used to
actually _pay_ you for that :-) but I'll have to agree with Bob on this one.
The place can be a bit messy and you have to be careful not to take
everything at face value. Heck, even when I'd submit info, they'd sometimes
end up putting it up wrong. I reviewed a prog band, for instance, and said
it was prog, and they ended up labelling it 'world music' or something like
that *rolls his eyes* Go figure. And they're really NOT good at fixing stuff...

Alex.

Progressive rock : rip.xrs.net