OFF: NOT HW or BOC-related: a visit to napster (and no metallica!)

Sat Oct 7 14:08:55 EDT 2000

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Ted Jackson jr. wrote:

> On 3 Oct 00, at 15:23, DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 10/3/00 2:23:48 PM, tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
> > writes:
> >
> > << I've got the album by the
> > remnant of AC's band:  Billion Dollar Babies--slightly case of
> > inflation, if ya get my drift...
> >  >>
> > =======
> > yeah, 'battle axe'... very '70s, w/ crummy drum sound...had heard it
> > as new, but rmayo bestowed a tape of it to me a few years back....
> >
> As I recall, Coop had a hell of a drummer...Neal Smith, right? What
> happened?  Didn't some of the AC alums play with BOC, maybe
> Dennis Dunnaway? Maybe Neal too...Ah, goddamns Alzheimer's!

        If I remember rightly from when Neal last got mentioned he drummed
on parts of or all of _Revolution By Night_ - hang on, I'll see if I can
dig up the post...

        Ah, no, I'm wrong. He co-wrote `Shadow of California', but
actually played only on _Flat Out_ and _Deadringer_, not on any recorded
BOC. I think he was on the stool for a short while though, I just don't
have any saved posts saying so. Yours,
                                        Jon

     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)       jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk