OFF: Newsletter

Richard Stockwell richard at CRANIUM.CO.NZ
Sat Oct 7 19:26:12 EDT 2000

CRANIUM MUSIC NEWSLETTER #51 (OCTOBER 2000)
                 http://www.cranium.co.nz
             http://www.cranium-music.com
                   richard at cranium.co.nz

* Our FREE airmail postage ANYWHERE in the world offer still stands.
* You can subscribe to the full length newsletter (what you are reading here
is only a portion of our monthly newsletter) by visiting one of the two
URL's listed above and then clicking on "Newsletter" in lefthand menu bar.

                ****************************
        ALBUM OF THE MONTH - OCTOBER 2000
BRAINTICKET                             ALCHEMIC UNIVERSE
http://www.cranium.co.nz/catalog/A_1643.htm#2731
 Among the important pioneers of early psychedelic and spaced out cosmic
releases (Cottonwoodhill; Psychonaut & Celestial Ocean) the band called
Brainticket is actually the brainchild of Joel Vandroogenbroeck of
Switzerland with other musicians taking part on different releases. For
Alchemic Universe Joel has written all the music with text written by Lance
Bunda and the cosmic voice of Carole Muriel (who also appeared on Celestial
Ocean). Alchemic Universe is in the style of the groundbreaking Celestial
Ocean release with lots of cosmic spacy music and a few added samples from
NASA. Joel currently spends his time living in Mexico (where this album was
recorded) and Switzerland. Brainticket have released another timeless
classic that will take your mind to new worlds. Take a listen to the 3 sound
samples we have made available.

* If you have read this far then we have a free offer to the first 20 people
who purchase a full price CD from Cranium Music. American band SYSTEMS
THEORY have kindly donated 20 copies of their CDR "Demos 1999-2000" for
giveaway. This CDR is a taster for their first full length release and the
music is a mix of instrumental fusion with progressive. You won't find this
listed in the catalogue. You will need to state you are interested in
receiving a free Systems Theory CDR on purchasing a full price CD. Remember
there are only 20 copies for giveaway. Playing time is 42:58 secs.