HW: Re: Brixton-The Heads

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Oct 11 11:31:45 EDT 2000

Richard said...

>Dave ... The Heads come from the Bristol area, or somewhere near there. They
>play psychedelic/stoner rock. Here's a description via the Freak Emporium
>catalogue for their latest album.
>    "UK tripped out riffers. Plenty of psych guitars and stoner rhythms in a
>noise-fest of mammoth proportions that really hits the spot - and then
>some!"
>    If you talk with any of the guys say hi to Paul Rock for me.
>
>Richard
>Cranium Music

Note to Richard...I believe Dave & Kris are on the HW: filter, so you needed
to leave that in there if they were to see it.  Hopefully, they'll see it
this time.

I concur with this description, and think they'll make a fine opening act.
The "Spliff Riff" is pure stoner-blanga, and I imagine that it'll win over a
decent percentage of Hawkfans.

I was starting to think perhaps HEADS was another Hawkwind-related group,
perhaps the Agents of Chaos renamed after the track of the same name...but
obviously that's not the case.  Must be the lads from Bristol.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Wot, Mike?  Was that a joke?  Didn't understand yer post about not
coming...just a political commentary, or were you trying to tell us something?