Discovering Porcupine Tree!

Dave Hess HAWKWINDED at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 11 18:18:03 EDT 2000

In a message dated 10/11/00 3:48:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mel at MVA.U-NET.COM writes:

<< so I popped into a Virgin Megasore and purchased
 the only Porcupine CD they had.....'Stupid Dream'.
 Initial listening I thought....."so so", BUT its been growing on me ever
since.
 Yesterday bought 'Lightbulb Sun'..............(I've only played it once
 ...so far)

 So far I can't spot any real similarities with Hawkwind on either of these
 2 albums.But perhaps there is someone out there who could guide me to some
 essential PT albums in order to expand my listening knowledge of this band.

 Regards

 Melvyn

(The Sky Moves Sideways) is good sounds like Pink F. not Hawkwind
(On the Sunday of life) is more experimental not like Hawkwind
(Signify) is my fav. kinda dark not like Hawkwind
The 2 that you got I don't like that much. I think they are trying to get a
radio hit.
C-Yaaaaaaaaaa Dave