HW: Hawkwind Advice Sought

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Oct 19 14:32:29 EDT 2000

OK, I have no business dishing out advice since I haven't actually seen
*any* of these, but as with most Hawkwind releases, the 'best' depends on
what parts of Hawkwind you like/dislike.

For instance, I know that these two videos are from the early 80's lineup
with Nik:

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:25:52 -0400, "Hall, Russell J"
<russell.j.hall at LMCO.COM> wrote:
>Solstice at Stonehenge
>Night of the Hawks

So if you like that period, these are probably good choices.  If you think
that Nik was an annoying, over-the-top, pain-in-the-ass clown making
unmusical/unlistenable waterfowl noises during this period, then you'd
probably want to avoid those two like the plague.

Likewise, if you like Ron's vocals (and the live album of the same title),
the 'Love In Space' video would probably be a good choice.

I've been led to understand that the *visual* qualities on all these videos
is not as good as 'Live Legends' (which would probably be my pick for a
'best' video since it's the only one with Simon House!).  Correct me if I'm
wrong ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com