HW: Hawkwind Advice Sought

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Oct 19 18:02:23 EDT 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:42:09 EDT, Joe Loehr <JLoehr4299 at AOL.COM> wrote:
>In a message dated 10/19/00 1:42:45 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
>ceres at SIRIUS.COM writes:
>
>> I've been led to understand that the *visual* qualities on all these videos
>> is not as good as 'Live Legends' (which would probably be my pick for a
>> 'best' video since it's the only one with Simon House!).  Correct me if I'm
>> wrong ...
>
>Simon might be in the 'Night of the Hawks' vid. Somebody's playing violin,
>and I assumed that it's Simon.

It's "Dead" Fred Reeves from Inner City Unit.  Fine violin work from him
(with ICU) on "Wildhunt" from 'NewAnatomy' and especially "Stonehenge Who
Knows" (a song that beats most of Hawkwind's 80s output) from 'The
Presidents Tape'.  And his keyboard playing during his brief tenure with
Hawkwind (c.83-84) is very good (better IMHO than Harvey, who replaced him
on keys when Alan joined on bass).

Opinionatedly yrs,

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com