HW: Hawkwind Advice Sought

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Thu Oct 19 19:49:28 EDT 2000

I agree 100%.
Live Legends is the best Video and most professional quality. However it
was filmed by Central Television but the moody quality of the lightshow had
to be compromised for the broadcast quality needed for terrestial TV.
I do have a problem with the Jettizounds/Visionary Videos of Night of the
Hawks/ Chronicals of Black Sword  & Love in Space. The way they are filmed
& edited is very clumsy visually and does not do justice to each HW show. (
I have 2 teenage daughters who laugh and say how 'old fashioned' these
videos look compared to other more contemporary productions).
However,I suppose it all comes down to money.......doesn't it?

I really do hope ( but doubt ) that we get a decent,professionally edited
and engineered film of 'Hawkestra 2000'. Too much of HW videos look
'bootleggy'!