HW: Hawkwind Advice Sought

Thomas, Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Fri Oct 20 05:09:09 EDT 2000

Of course - the finest video released is the Brixton 15.8.92 video! (but
then again, I may be a little biased as I filmed half of it!)

Guy T.

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Doug Pearson [mailto:ceres at SIRIUS.COM]
                Sent:   19 October 2000 23:02
                To:     BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
                Subject:        Re: HW: Hawkwind Advice Sought

                On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:42:09 EDT, Joe Loehr
<JLoehr4299 at AOL.COM> wrote:
                >In a message dated 10/19/00 1:42:45 PM US Eastern Standard
Time,
                >ceres at SIRIUS.COM writes:
                >
                >> I've been led to understand that the *visual* qualities
on all these videos
                >> is not as good as 'Live Legends' (which would probably be
my pick for a
                >> 'best' video since it's the only one with Simon House!).
Correct me if I'm
                >> wrong ...
                >
                >Simon might be in the 'Night of the Hawks' vid. Somebody's
playing violin,
                >and I assumed that it's Simon.

                It's "Dead" Fred Reeves from Inner City Unit.  Fine violin
work from him
                (with ICU) on "Wildhunt" from 'NewAnatomy' and especially
"Stonehenge Who
                Knows" (a song that beats most of Hawkwind's 80s output)
from 'The
                Presidents Tape'.  And his keyboard playing during his brief
tenure with
                Hawkwind (c.83-84) is very good (better IMHO than Harvey,
who replaced him
                on keys when Alan joined on bass).

                Opinionatedly yrs,

                        -Doug