HW: to the BRIXTON CREW 21/10

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Sun Oct 22 12:40:40 EDT 2000

I also have to agree with a lot of Filips sentiments.
As an event,I'm really glad that I didn't miss this one because i seriously
don't think it will ever occur again. I enjoyed the spectacle and general
feeling of good spirits from the whole audience as well as those gathered
in the Beehive. Although I privately had the feeling prior to the gig that
it could end up being a bit of a mess musically due to the weight of
numbers on stage and their respective ego's. But what the
hell..........they did it....and gave their best shot and have left me with
the privilege of some great memories of the highlights of the evening.
Mind you, a properly engineered sound system would have made a huge,huge
difference to the musicians as well as the audience. It was too,too flat
for long periods. I was not far from the front of the stage and you could
see Huw straining to hear his guitar early on.Sam Fox got her lyrics out of
sync with Nik who I think got out of sync with Dave Brock at one point on
MotU.
If this is released on Video & CD, then if its all edited down to about an
hours worth,then we'll have a really good memento of an unforgettable night.

Oh........I wanted to buy DB's new Solo album but there was no sign of it
on the stand!
Why was it not available?

mel
"I've got my guitar in tune for a while!"
(Dave Brock - Greasey Truckers Party 1971)