Brixton - some hours later ......

Chris Appelt mail at SUPER-TUNES.DE
Sun Oct 22 13:38:16 EDT 2000

Hi there,

back again after the gig, some facts in my mind...

9:00 pm : I stood in a queue at the Stage door to find out that they had to
look for Nik Turner in the whole house, at least there was only a very
short time for the interview.

Nik was very nervous....

The concert itself:

Many dreams came true, I saw the Space-Ritual lineup and heard and saw that
music, Lemmy's bass was amazing to hear, in fact it was amazing to see him
and I hadn't believed it that I would see the whole lineup together. Orgone
Accumulator, Space is deep with Dave & Lemmy on vocals - superb....

But then we looked át Nik: He had problems to quote standards like 10
seconds of forever and Sonic Attack, he destroyed the whole Brainstorm, the
sang in totally wrong time-sections on Orgone Accumulator..

While Lemmy and Dave wanted to improvise as they had done it in older
times, Nik began to sing as if it would be the Orgon-track which he had
performed with Helios Creed and the others - without the improvisations.

Dave - at first he couldn't trust his ears, while Lemmy laughed as if he
would say: That's Nik, do you wonder about anything......?

Masters of the universe:

The song we can totally forget; Samantha Fox couldn't sing the text, it was
totally weird, Nik also made mistakes, and Dave's face froze to something
like an angry mask.

But nevertheless:

Wonderful performances, partly with three drummers (Griffin, Thompson,
CHadwick), we could hear the different talents of all drummers, especially
Terry Ollis who plays exactly like on In Search Of Space.

Steve Swindells, Del Dettmar, Dik Mik: the left side of the stage with
laughing and enyoing themselves.

The great moment when Lemmy appeared ....

And let's not forget the others.

Tim Blake's solo-performance was a good final point. New Jerusalem is one
of my favourites..

For me it was the greatest Hawkwind gig I have been listening to. I won't
forget this night.

Long may you all fly.

P.S.

In a while a report with interview fragments and pics will be available at

http://www.super-tunes.de/hawkwind.htm

Chris