HW: Hawkestra 21.10.2000

Dave Berry daveb at TARDIS.ED.AC.UK
Sun Oct 22 16:36:20 EDT 2000

And a wonderfully trippy "Earth Calling", as Ron called forth the
Lemmy/Turner/Brock line-up to play half of The Space Ritual live on stage.

I agree that Spirit of the Age was absolutely superb.  Other highlights for
me were Moonglum and Wage War, as I've never seen these performed live
before, along with Space is Deep and Hurry On Sundown that Bernhard
mentioned.  I really liked Brainstorm too, which surprised me as I thought
I was fed up with it -- the lack of an extended middle section really
helped this.  Silver Machine with everyone on stage was another highlight,
just for everyone being there together.

Didn't DikMik and Del really add to the sound?

I thought they played for 4 hours -- 10.40 till 2.40.  But I admit my
timekeeping might not be completely reliable.

Dave.