HW: to the BRIXTON CREW 21/10

Maxine Wesley maxine.wesley at PORT.AC.UK
Mon Oct 23 05:12:40 EDT 2000

WOW!

> <colm1 at MINISTRYOFSOUND.NET> writes
> >It was brilliant......

> best show I ever saw them do. Fantastic.
> Jon

Aha - at last simple analysii of the evening without criticism - oh
sure there was bound to be a few balls up - the whole event being
somewhat  ambitious....but bleeding well executed when you consider
the other scenarios.  I wanna kiss/thank Dave Brock (and all the
members past and present) or whoever chose the setlist as they
picked all of my favourites out and played them just the way I like
it! LOrdy lordy was the place rocking - the music as they say
really 'kicked ass'?!!

I guess to a certain extent that the citicism of Huwy LL is valid but
having seen him perform solo (with his own band) then it was purely a
piece of bad luck that he did a lesser performance than he is capable
of - shame but no big deal?  I still I found the whole thing
listenable regardless and was glad he showed - through the
set he played I kept catching him at what he does best those
funky little guitar riffs...

The rest of the members were phenomenal - best lightshow I have seen
HW with for a while, felt a little 'overstrobed' at times - but even
that gave you a chance to look away from the stage and peruse all
those contented mush's, the fans.) Felt right at home! Cosy!

Caught the train home at 6.13 - could hear the band playing along
with the sound of the wheels on the track....think it's going to be a
while before the songs leave my mind.

Saw Bob Dylan play in Portsmouth a couple of months ago and,
suffereing from a temporary(?) insanity, declared that him and his
band did the best live performance I had ever seen..... sorry Bob -
you've just been superceded!!!

In one word      WOW!

On a more serious note (bwahaha?) - was I right in hearing Dave
Brock came out with at the end about not having anything to do with
the internet 'people'  - was that nous or just Captain Paranoia!?
Anybody got any info on this? Are we shunned? (I shall never wear my
t-shirt again!?!!!!)

M at xine

Multimedia Programmer
Media Development Centre