Hawkestra 2000

Adrian Parr age.p at CONIFERSCLOSE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Oct 23 04:53:55 EDT 2000

Well, what a night

Unable to get to the Beehive which was a shame as there seemed to be a
rather large gathering of fans but the show was awesome. Just like to say a
few points regarding the performance.
Thanks to everyone connected with the band for getting this whole epic
together. Can't have been easy but on the whole it worked a treat.
Hawkwind played for well over 3 hours and considering the amount of
musicians/dancers lurking it went extremley well. There was a few ragged
moments but this was well outwayed by the many truly superb moments. I never
expected a completely tight performance, they were never going to get this
with the rehearsal time they had and trying to recreate music that was 20-30
years old.
Many of the Hawkwind crew hadn't seen, let alone played for over 20 years
and i think they all did a fine job. Lots of fun was had onstage and off.
The audience loved it with many ex-members turning up. There must have been
at least 20 people who'd been in the band and they gave it a terrific shot
which was well appreciated.

Dave was bouncing up and down and came to the front of the stage, Lemmy
stayed for about an hour, Alan was right into it and Nik was Nik. Terry
Ollis has rightly showed what a great drummer he is for everyone not around
to see him when he was originally in the band.
I think it was a one-off event and taking it at that no-one can expect
anything less. I'd be surprised if it every happens again on such a grand
scale.

Excitement, energy and general chaos ruled supreme with many highlights.
Alright, Huwie's voice isn't what it was but everyone had their part to
play. They all deserved to be there, including Sam Fox, why not? She spiced
things up and enjoyed herself and was only on for a couple of songs out of
over 30.

Anyway, credit due. You did it
Age

P.S tracklist to follow

Visit the "Hawkeye on Hawkwind" website at:
http://www.conifersclose.freeserve.co.uk/index.html