HW: Hawkestra 21.10.2000

Chris Warburton cwarburton at RDF-CONSULTING.CO.UK
Mon Oct 23 05:47:46 EDT 2000

I'd wondered about that, but I also thought it worked well, and it ended up
as one of the nights highlights for me...the impact of Lemmy & Alan working
"in harness" was truly thunderous!!!

I'm still digesting the night.

One personal highpoint was Helen, eyes gleaming after losing her
Hawkvirginity, looking at me and saying "That was ****ing awesome" (she
hadn't even been intending to come along...)

As for the naysayers... get over it, it was a hell of a show, and the odd
things that went astray can never detract from that.  Don't nit-pick too
much: When you consider the logistical problems of getting an ensemble like
that together it was a mighty achievement - kudos to all involved for
burying hatchets, getting it together, and giving us about FOUR hours of
BLINDING SPACEROCK.

Seems to me, that those most disappointed were those who expected to be....

More thoughts later...

ChrisW
(Still the man without a country... 'cept maybe Hawkcountry!!)