HW: Hawkestra 21.10.2000 (tacklist update)

Alasdair Macdonald alimac at NETCOMUK.CO.UK
Mon Oct 23 05:57:32 EDT 2000

This is the list, in sequence:

Quick intro of folks on stage
Hassan I Sahba
Assault & Battery>Golden Void
electronic interlude>
Night Of The Hawks
Utopia>instrumental> (I thought I caught some of those Paranoia -
winding-down hints here)
Arrival In Utopia
electronic interlude
Free Fall (Harvey)
Ron tree poem (ends with line "The brother of my enemy")
Shot Down In The Night
Rocky Paths>
Moonglum
Warriors At The Edge Of Time
Angels Of Death
Dave solo spot
Spirit Of The Age
PSI Power
Motorway City
Hurry On Sundown
Lighthouse (Blake solo)
Can't Do This, Can't Do That (=Right To Decide?)
Sputnik Stan
Earth Calling>
Shouldn't Do That>
Psychedelic Warlords
electronic interlude
10 Seconds Of Forever
Space Is Deep
electronic interlude
Brainstorm
Sonic Attack
Master Of The Universe
-- looks like this might have been planned as an encore break, but
no-one left the stage --
Turner rap
Born To Go>
Orgone Accumulator
Silver Machine
Nik Turner - band introductions
Ejection (seemed possibly unplanned?)
Turner rap

And then as the PA carried on playing Massive Attack (from
Mezzanine I think) Nik and Huw remained to noodle some Pink
Panther stuff for 5 minutes or so.

(My guess is that Wage War is the poem by Ron?)

I don't know if it was mentioned by anyone else, but I never saw
Ron playing bass and I thought that worked very well - bringing
Alan back to the core.

Huw was on up til Hurry On Sundown, and Lemmy came on as
Ron started Earth Calling. He could be seen on stage for a couple
of minutes before he started playing.

I only saw Martin Griffin playing percussion, not a full kit (but then I
may be mistaken as my view was not good). Richard Chadwick
was on from the start, but Danny Thompson took over at some
stage during the first section.

And I think everyone was on stage for Silver Machine.

Tim Blakes set:
introduction
Instrumental
"quiet tune"
piano tune
Time Of The Century
Crystal Island
New Jerusalem

Don't have Beduoin's set as I don't know any of the tunes (not to
my taste either, and painfully loud, even in the balcony)

And I didn't even think Simon got to play. Security moving people
out of the balcony around 5am, I thought Bedouin were closing the
evening at 5:15am. I would have liked to see Simon's set but I still
got my value for money.

The power thing in Psychedelic Warlords was that everything bar
the drums and vocals dropped out of the PA. Turner was the first to
come back in, then some keys, then everyone else. I didn't think it
was planned, despite which it worked well.

Oh, and the total time was approx 3hours 40 mins, add 5 mins for
Nik's noodling at the end.

Alasdair

--
Page me online: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1573250