HW: New CD´s

Andreas Stuewe Andreas.Stuewe at T-ONLINE.DE
Mon Oct 23 06:00:26 EDT 2000

The sound system in the foyer was really horrible. All those people hopping
around to those boring synth rhythms at incredible volume.
But what really scares me is that exactly this music can be found on the Family
Tree CD by "Hawkwind" - Richards, Chadwick, Tree and Brock solo and all with
computerized techno music! I sincerely hope that this is only some inbetween
experimental music, and not the way Hawkwind will sound like in the future!
I´d better spent the money for a Teeshirt...
The "Spacebrock" is a mixed bag of old stuff newly remixed and new exciting
music. The sleeve lists 17 tracks, but the index shows only 15. I would say that
"To be or not" and "Do you want this body" are both missing. "Burn me up" is the
same track that appeared on the Hawk and the Elf CD. "The right way" is in fact
"Damage of life" and can be found on the Church of Hawkwind CD. "Earth calling"
is a totally different new track and has nothing in common to the track we all
know. "1st Landing" is of In your area. There are some real good new tracks
though: "Dreamers", "Sex dreams"  and especially "Spacebrock" (the title say it
all!).
It really is confusing, isn´t it? To get more irritating, there are some samples
from old songs somewhere in the tracks I recognised, but can´t name them yet.

Andreas - still trying get back into reality