HW: Hawkestra

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Oct 23 11:17:02 EDT 2000

In message <91BAA0121CBDD31183B400A0CC585F7103BFF3 at BRIGHTON>, Mark Lee
<mark at ESPARTO.UK.COM> writes

>I must say that from where I stood I thought the sound was awful
>Ron looked bloody awful close up -
>I could see Dave banging buried in what I thought was a bad mix
>in my opinion Alan D was too up-front in the mix vocally
>I'm sorry but I think it's time Huw Lloyd stopped singing
>What the F##k was that appalling noise in the bloody foyer !!
>Nik as usual too loud for my liking
>Somebody should shoot the bird with the tits !!!

aww c'mon, man, why? Because they're not as big as Stacia's?
Because she didn't get them out?
Because she turned up for 2.00 in the morning to do 5 minutes in a four
hour show to show support for the band we love?

Hey guys, it was a fucking GREAT show!

Yeah, so the sound took a couple of songs to balance and then bring up.
That's not unusual. It wasn't exactly shit to begin with. The Academy
has notoriously bad acoustics FWIW.

It's probably me, I guess I had enough beer to be able to walk past the
foyer system without being bothered.

I just had total fun from start to finish. Lucky me.
and lucky staff and customers in my shop today, too, who get to hear all
seven Weird CD's all day long! <grin>
--
Jon