HW: Hawkestra 21.10.2000 (tacklist update)

Denis Regenbrecht denis at D-RIDER.DE
Wed Oct 25 05:35:52 EDT 2000

Hi,

>It wasn't so hot, I thought. He played some very nice violin, but
>the backing was all taped, and quite nasty doof-doof-doof versions of the
>songs as well. The set was, as I remember: `Spiral Galaxy 29848' (most of
>which Simon spent tuning up because his violin was acting up and which
>therefore only got full volume at the three quarter point), `Hall of the
>Mountain Grill' (very very slow - painfully so), `City of Lagoons',
>`Damnation Alley' (only from the break onwards), and something I didn't
>know but which sounded much more suited to that style of playing which I
>therefore assumed was a solo piece, either from _Yassassim_ or the
>supposed new album. Anyone?

At least two of the songs Simon played were from the first Spiral
Realms-album "Trip to G9". I'm not completely sure but I think those were
"A Trip to G9" and "Red Giant".

(c)IAO

                         D+R

--
"Nothing is true - everything is permissible"

                                         Hassan I Sabbah
www.d-rider.de