VIRUS STILL ON BOC-L

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Wed Oct 25 09:27:14 EDT 2000

The Kak virus is still on BOC-L -- my work's server caught and removed
it.  I did some poking around on the listserve archives to try and
figure out where it's coming from.  It appears to have originated in the
message with the subject line:

HW:Spacebrock and other things

And has reappeared when people have replied to that message.  My
suggestion is that that particular thread be killed immediately -- do
NOT reply to a message with "HW:Spacebrock and other things" in the
subject line or you are likely to resend the virus to the list.  I also
suggest that everyone who has sent email to the list under that subject
line disinfect your computers ASAP, and definitely before sending
another message to the list.

Thanks,

John