HW:Hawkestra stuff

Neil Ward Neil at FAWE.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Oct 25 15:32:37 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm sat here with Mr Dibs (the roadie taking all the pictures on stage with the digital camera) reminiscing about the weekend. Dibs took around 700 pictures with the camera that week, so plenty of moments captured (although it wasn't his camera so we haven't seen any yet).

He has a set list and show schedule which reads:

Doors: 9.00pm
Fighting Cocks:9:30 -10:00
Hawkwind:10:30-1:30
Tim Blake:1.50-2:35
Bedouin:2.55-3:45
Simon House:4:05-4:50
DJ:4:50-6:00
All over go home:6:00

As you can see this wasn't quite what happened!

Dibs says thanks to the people who bought any Spacehead t-shirts and CDs on the night.
As for the 'power cut' during Psychedelic Warlords it was ...???  From Dib's view point, on stage was chaotic, fun and interesting - particularly to see other members off stage hanging around in the wings, enjoying every moment of the Hawkestra set.  Magic moments - grins on Hawkestra's faces on and off stage during Spirit of the Age - an immense track both for the band and audience reaction.  Space is Deep for the silence of the audience, obviously gobsmacked by the spectacle and getting my Space Ritual album signed by the band members.  Every band member performed their part to the best of their abilities.  Being lucky enough to attend rehearsals, I experienced many more magic moments - mainly just the fact that all these characters were together in the same place, some for the first time in over 25 years.  Thanks to all the Hawks for an exciting, illuminating experience.

Looking forward to more chaos on December 29th!

Cheers to everyone we saw,

Marie, Neil and Dibs.