Brixton thoughts second attempt

Al Ogilvy Alogilvy at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 25 16:58:56 EDT 2000

Well I wrote a brief note on sunday when I got back,but I can see it didnt
get posted...Dont know what went wrong !! (my Mailer ?)
 Anyway,Hi to everyone off the list whom I met For the first time, and
especial thanks to Jim for bringing some great strange daze
merchandize...(Loved the star Nation Cd !!), And especially Hi to Bernhard P
( Yeh..the organization outside the venue was shit wasnt it)(hope you didnt
take too long to get in after all...They could have made the ticketmaster
situatiuon a bit clearer !!)
 I dont care that Huw had problems at first...Rocky paths WAS awful but that
didnt matter...It was just good to see him again...I dont think it was fair
to say he was pissed...I think he was having some technical problems...He
improved a lot later...anyway,Moonglum was great (Not the best ever true!)
what this part of the set missed was Daves Rythmn guitar to fill the numbers
out IMHO.
 I actually think Huw was nervous....when has he played in front of an
audience that size in the last 10 years ?
 I think Alan was brilliant....He was really up for it wasnt he?  Ron was ace
as well. I really Hope that there'll always be a spot for him in the
band....HW needs a bit of Chaotic imperfection and needs the spiroit of
calvert.....Ron has this (No one else ever came close since Bob died),and has
his own unique edge as well. IMHO that personallity is HW through and
through.Its not fair to say he was under orders to be a Calvert (Space ritual
era) substitute as someone implied.
 Sam Fox....Brilliant idea !! Typical HW as anyone whos ever seen one of NIks
best dancer competitions in the encore will know. Anyone who says she was a
politically incorrect non essential addition to the line up doesnt really
remember Stacia that well ..Dont get me wrong I liked stacia A lot ! And she
was fun too ! (does anyone remember her sitting cross legged centre stage
blowing bubbles totally naked and occassionally twiddling her fingers in the
air ??)
 Someone whos name I cant remember said Sam is connected with a member of the
band (is this True ? if so who and in what way?).Does anyone else remember
seeing Sam fox and Alan davey on day time TV plugging Gimme shelter? I seem
to remember it being Richard and Julie !!!
 Highlights for me...Too many to name ! but Motorway city was a complete buzz
and Space is deep  also. and I got a real kick out of hearing Wage War Again
!!
     Oh well
  Same time next year ?
 I wish !!! ( I doubt it somehow !)
 See you in space for christmas fellow space bandits, but please Dave...Not
the academy this Time...Great venue but I refuse to pay those prices for a
can of Stella again !!!