HW: my hawkestra

Bart Brugmans bart at ENGAGE.NU
Wed Oct 25 18:18:25 EDT 2000

Hi,

finally got time for this...and it is very chaotic...like @ the academy
:)

The Hawkestra was pretty cool. I came especially for Lemmy, and
he did not let me down.
I was really surprised by the energy of Alan! Wow! Think I am
gonna buy my bass back. The Bedouin set als rocked, although I
was bit too stoned by then to really get to listen to it. (Thanks Lady
With the Sweet Choclats - you know who you are)

I must say that i was shocked by the state of Huw. Sorry mate.

I loved the Beehive, only when I left to pick up a friend, I wasn't
allowed back in! Too crowded, damn. But i had a wonderfull dinner,
and the row outside the Academy was also very funny. At first we
were laughing, bought some red bull and red stripe, sad down on a
bench and waited for an hour. The que grew larger. So we finally
joined :-)
Next day motorhead, could just walk in, strange.

Favourite parts of the set:
hassan i shaba
psychedelic warlords (still)
silver machine with Lemmy on vox!

Hated:
sound quality, although next day motorhead was worse (soft, poor
drums, it just sucked deeply)

would love to come to the christmas gig, but got no money wat so
ever for that

see ya around,

--BArt