HW: Hawkestra Track List

Dave Berry daveb at TARDIS.ED.AC.UK
Wed Oct 25 18:58:55 EDT 2000

At 12:00 23/10/00, Andreas Stuewe wrote:
>Now here it comes: (Not sure bout the line-ups though - any
>additions/Corrections welcome!)

I'll add what I remember, although other people seemed to spot more that I
did.  I'm particularly confused by the drummers -- Nik included Alan Powell
in his introductions, and someone else mentioned Martin Griffin, but I only
saw three drumkits.  I assumed Richard was always in the right-hand one,
Danny in the middle and Terry on the left, but it was a crowded stage and I
was at the back of the hall so it was hard to see.

Someone mentioned Mick Slattery -- did he play anything?

>HASSAN I SAHBA/SPACE IS THEIR
>-Brock/Davey/Chadwick/House/Blake
& Tree, at least.  I thought Harvey was playing keyboards at the start too,
and I didn't notice Tim until later.  (Not that it's easy to tell which
keyboardist is playing what, especially with the added possibility of
pre-programmed synths).

>SHOT DOWN IN THE NIGHT
>-Swindells/Thompson/Lloyd-Langton/Davey/Blake
& Tree.  I've no idea whether Harvey was still playing at this point.  I
thought Dave was still around for this, but he was definitely gone for
Moonglum, so maybe he left before this too.

>HURRY ON SUNDOWN/ONLY DREAMING
>-Crimble/Ollis/Lloyd-Langton/Brock/Turner/DikMik/Dettmar

I only remembered seeing Thomas on stage for one song, so I guess this was
it, but I thought I saw Alan Davey still on stage too?  I remember thinking
that was strange, not letting Thomas play on his own, but maybe I was
wrong.  Is this the only track that Terry played on?

>YOU SHOULDN´T DO THAT
>-Kilminster/Brock/Turner/DikMik/Dettmar/Blake/Chadwick
There isn't an "n" in Lemmy's name is there?
You seem to have Blake down for everything, was he on stage the whole time?
 I'm sure I saw a fair bit of Harvey too.
Someone else suggested that maybe DikMik and Del didn't contribute much.
Again it's hard to tell -- there certainly seemed to be plenty of analog
swooshing going on by now, but who knows who was producing that?

>BORN TO GO
>-Kilminster/Brock/Turner/DikMik/Dettmar/Blake/Chadwick
Somewhere in the "Space Ritual" section I thought Danny returned and they
had two drummers.  Was that just for Silver Machine?
Also, Ron joined in some of the Space Ritual numbers, I think.

>SILVER MACHINE
>-Fox/Kilminster/Brock/Turner/DikMik/Dettmar/Blake/Chadwick
& everyone else -- Swindells/Bainbridge/Thompson/Crimble/Richards/House...