off: going to california

Allan T. Grohe, Jr. grodog at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Oct 26 08:35:18 EDT 2000

Hi all---

I'm packing up my apartment, life, and fiancee, and moving to the
Sunnyvale, CA, area (southern San Francisco bay region) for around
the beginning of December.  I'd like to pick your brains about the
greater SanFran area, including:

- good music stores to sate my HW/PTree/BSYBE fix
- good places to look to live (I'll be in temp housing for 2 months)
  that are not insanely expensive (I'm already planning on $2000/month
  for rent, but I don't like it!)
- what do first time movers to SF, CA need to know/do (car emissions?
  registrations? licenses? etc.)?
- I'll probably move out in part, then moving my fiancee out next
  year; what are the types of clothes I need there for winter (vs.
  in Kansas City, which gets fairly cold)

Any thoughts/advice would be vastly appreciated!

Allan.

obHW:  So, the Weird cd's are out now, eh?  I've been out of the loop
since the release of the 1999 party.  Where can I go to catch up on
these breaking developments?

Allan T. Grohe Jr.               Visit the Dreaming City--
grodog at earthlink.net           http://www.rpg.net/ehp/imrryr

    I am gray.  I stand between the candle, and the star.
        We are gray.  We stand between the darkness, and the light.

              --- "And The Sky Full of Stars," _Babylon 5_