HW: on stage happenings

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Oct 26 14:46:36 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Berry <daveb at TARDIS.ED.AC.UK>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: HW: Hawkestra Track List

At 12:00 23/10/00, Andreas Stuewe wrote:
> >Now here it comes: (Not sure bout the line-ups though - any
> >additions/Corrections welcome!)

> in his introductions, and someone else mentioned Martin Griffin, but I
only
> saw three drumkits.  I assumed Richard was always in the right-hand
one,
> Danny in the middle and Terry on the left, but it was a crowded stage
and I
> was at the back of the hall so it was hard to see.

There was quite a nifty exchange of drummers at various times during the
show sharing the three drum kits between them.    Dik Mik and Del
Dettmar were both lurking on the left hand side of the stage behind the
synths.  They occasionally moved forward but were never really visible
although I definitely saw an axe being played!    In fact as I can
recall there were some rather well organised exchange arrangements going
on with other equipment as well.     I was up in the left hand balcony
at the front (or as far front as one could get without being ejected by
the bouncers 8-((  )  and had an excellent view.  I found the sound was
pretty good up there as well - I think that one of the microphones on
stage wasn't working too well because when Nik (I think) was making an
announcement he abandoned the right hand mic and concentrated on the one
to the left of the stage.     And Tim was getting massive feedback from
his during his solo spot which must have been a nightmare, though he
coped admirably.

BTW - exactly why was the front two rows of the balcony sealed off by
yellow warning tape?   I assumed it was something structural - wondering
if it was about to collapse or something - but next night with Motorhead
it had been opened up again and people were standing right up against
the front rail........   Not fair!!!

jill