HW: Hawkestra

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Oct 26 16:27:12 EDT 2000

>From Spring 2000 issue of 'Hawkwind Feedback', archived by Stephan
'Hawkman' Spiegel (thanks, man!) at:

http://www.ka.net/ss/t6.html

>>>The UK Autumn tour was very short and didn't really last long enough for
the band to get fully into it, but I gather from the mail that the people
had a good time, especially Keith Kniveton. Keith wrote the article about
the EMS synth for HF27 and Dave invited him to join the line-up with his
synth for the St. Austell gig...which, of course, he did. Nice one! Sadly,
my job kept me from the tour, but there will be other times to look forward
to. There has been talk of a gig at Brixton on March 24th., but with
nothing confirmed yet (early March) I can't see it happening...maybe later.
<<<

Well, if he's playing an EMS synthesizer (VCS3 or Synthi, just like Del,
Tim, Eno, etc.) then he's sure to be making some cool SWOOSH!

Which brings up the question ... is there an updated version of the
gigs/tracks/personnel list floating around somewhere (the personnel column
for Oct 21 2000 will certainly be full!)?  I don't have a copy that's
current enough to include the St. Austell show that Brian Tawn mentions.

So this means that the Xmas Party lineup will include *3* keyboard/synth
players (or 5, if Dave and Simon count; or potentially 7, if Jerry and Alan
also count!):
Harvey Bainbridge, Tim Blake & Keith Kniveton

I guess this way, they definitely *won't* have to rely on MIDI-programmed
backing tracks!  Cool!

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com