HW: Hawkestra

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Oct 26 19:07:11 EDT 2000

In message <200010262232.SAA14255 at mail4.uts.ohio-state.edu>, K
Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU> writes
>Nick said...
>
>>Someone speculated that the guy in front of Tim Blake might have been
>>Keith Hale but surely it was Jon "Liquid Len" Smeeton operating the
>>lightshow projections.
>
>No, I think it was Keith Hale...I think he was introduced as such.  And I'm
>pretty sure that Liquid Len pulled out (too much money I heard), and that it
>was Jen and Pogle (Fruit Salad, or whatever they're called) of Ozrics' fame.
>Sure looked familiar to me from the first US Ozrics tour of the early 90s.

OK I stand corrected. So we now have a consensus of sorts: it was someone
called Keith playing synth- but the surname remains uncertain!

>>It is pretty amusing that none of us is sure what they saw and heard but I
>>think this was one of those occasions where if you remember it exactly, then
>>you weren't really there!

Didn't snip this from my previous post as it seems to be worth reiterating!

>Did Mick Slattery actually play?  I only saw him come out for a bow.

Pretty sure he didn't play. Looked happy to be there though.

> And
>did Terry Ollis only play on the Hurry On Sundown/Dreaming piece?

Not sure, but I think so. Couldn't always see the drummers clearly, and it
might've made sense for him to play on Shouldn't Do That, but it seemed to
be Rich on that kit for the whole of the last section. Thought Terry's
drumming on HoS was stunning though.

Regarding Sam Fox: the reason I wondered whether she might have had an
entanglement with Lemmy at some point was that recently I read an
interview with him which included an anecdote about his relationship with
a former Page 3 girl. Now I have no reason for thinking it was her, but I
just wondered. Whoever it was, the anecdote is worth retelling for those
that haven't heard it: the page 3 girl (whoever it was) had written her
memoirs (or had them written for her, more likely) and said of Lemmy: "he
tied me to the bed for a whole weekend... he was sensational." Lemmy was
apparently furious and instructed his solicitors to complain, claiming this was
completely untrue. In fact, he protested, "..it was 2 weeks and she was
hanging from the chandeliers!"

(I was a bit surprised to discover he has chandeliers, but that's lifestyles of
the rich and famous for you).
--
Nick Medford